Healthy skin tips are really healthy living tips. If our body is healthy, our skin should be healthy. What do we need to do to be healthy? I think most of us know the answer: eat mostly healthy food, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep. This will result in a healthy body. Pretty simple really, but not so easy to do.
Eat Mostly Healthy Food
You do not have to be a fanatic, but you do need to be aware of what you are putting into your body and what effect that has on its overall health and the health of your skin. It is reasonable to think that if you are feeding your body good, nutritious food you are giving it the minerals and vitamins it needs. These nutrients are adding to the health of your whole body. As your body’s largest organ, your skin must benefit from that.
If you do not know what healthy food is, then you can find out with a little research. Here is a list to help you get started:
- Fresh fruit and vegetables – particularly brightly coloured vegetables to clear your system of toxins
- Whole grain breads – whole meal or multigrain
- Lean meat – chicken, beef, lamb
- Grains such as oats, which are cheap and nutritious
- Nuts – walnuts and almonds
- Low GI foods – get a GI list and check them out
- Green tea – it is full of anti-oxidants to help clean your system, which will help clean your skin
Just as important is a list of foods to avoid:
- All food with a high sugar content – this adds toxicity to your body and helps perpetuate a cystic acne environment
- Highly refined food like white flour and its products – white bread, cake and pastries
- Fast foods that are cooked in trans fats – and that is most of them. Trans fats are the killer fats as they contribute to heart disease and clog up your system
Get Regular Exercise
Some people are handicapped by physical injuries or disabilities, which could stop them from exercising, but this does not apply to most of us. If exercise is new to you, make it easier to start by doing it in easy stages and doing something that is easy to do. Start walking for 10, 15 or 20 minutes at a time. If you are up to it, try jogging. If you have a swimming pool or live near one, go for a swim. If you find it too boring to exercise alone, join some friends or go to a gym. The key is to do something and do it regularly.
Get Enough Sleep
If you are eating healthy food and getting regular exercise, you should sleep well. If you are not, then you need to find ways of preparing yourself for sleep and developing habits to help you sleep. There is plenty of information on this. If you have an underlying medical problem you should seek help. Otherwise, you are in control of the amount of sleep you get by going to bed at a reasonable hour.
Putting these tips into practice will improve your health, which will help your body heal itself. It may not cure you cystic acne but it will improve it. It will be a good base for any treatment you may be having.